Thursday, October 29, 2015

John Hughes
I have not spent much time analyzing films or directors before this class. I mostly just enjoy the film experience they provide. As I was searching through some of my favorite movies, I was having a hard time finding a common denominator among directors. But as I began to search directors, I came across John Hughes. He directed many of the films I grew up to love through my childhood, such as: Ferris Bueller's Day Off,  Home Alone, Dennis the Mennis, Flubber, 101 Dalmatians, Miracle on 34th Street, and all the Beethoven movies.
Most of his films are comedies, and feature main characters who are somewhat rebellious and independent. Hughes dropped out of the University of Arizona, and began selling jokes to different performers. It seems his career formed sort of by chance, based on his surroundings. After his success with the movie Mr. Mom, he landed a deal with Universal Studios and the rest is history.




No comments:

Post a Comment